Rodi Moving & Storage Miami 9385 NW 101 St. Miami, FL 33178 305.863.9005
Running a business is challenging, but planning an office move becomes even more complicated. If your business is relocating, there are many things you can do to make your office relocation successful. By planning ahead, getting help from the people you work with, and making strategic decisions during the relocation process, you can enjoy a smooth and successful business relocation. We have suggestions that can help.
1. Make a Communications Plan
Having a communications plan in place is essential. Good communication with staff and customers can reduce your team’s frustration while ensuring that your customers stay with your business throughout your relocation.
A good communication plan will keep everyone on the same page, reduce confusion, and prevent mistakes that can lead to lost money. Your communications plan should be extensive, but here are some tips:
- Communicate early and often with staff
- Refrain from releasing the information to some staff before others, as rumors can create confusion and frustration.
- Communicate clearly with staff about timelines, the new location of the move, and what to expect during the relocation process.
- Communicate with customers in as many ways as possible (social media, newsletter, signs in the showroom or retail areas, signs on your business exterior, postcards, flyers, etc.)
Put your communication plans in writing and follow the plan carefully to ensure that everyone gets the right message at the right time.
2. Enlist the Help of Managers and Staff
Moving can be a big job, but it’s more manageable when you spread the work around. Enlist the help of both managers and staff throughout the moving process. Create a moving committee and divide the tasks among all committee members to ensure everyone has something to do. For those who aren’t on the committee but need to participate in packing or decluttering, write down the expectations and disseminate information in written form to ensure clarity.
3. Choose the Right Time of the Year
Most businesses have busy seasons and quiet seasons. This cyclical nature can make planning your relocation easier. When choosing a time to move, pick a time of year when your business is quiet and consumer demand is low. Remember that the busy time of year may differ for each business division. Get input from your business’s different sections or departments before selecting the right time to move.
4. Work With a Reputable, Experienced Moving Company
A good full-service moving company can relieve the pressure on your business by making your move as simple as possible. Have your moving company help with the packing and unpacking to ensure your business will be back up and running as quickly as possible following your relocation. An excellent moving company can help in other ways as well:
- Reliable service. An experienced moving company will do what they say they’ll do, so you’ll never have to wonder what’s coming next.
- On-time moving. With an excellent moving company, your relocation will happen on your chosen schedule.
- Transparent billing practices. No one wants surprise fees and hidden costs in their relocation. A good moving company will use transparent billing practices so you can anticipate your moving costs.
Are you in need of a reliable moving company? Contact us today for a free quote for your commercial relocation.